"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Mock Caldecott Unit....which one will prevail?


Ok so I am starting my Mock Caldecott Unit too late once again but I have so much fun with it that I am not going to skip it.  I will start it and we will just announce our Mock Caldecott winner after Jan. 11 (the day of the actual announcement) if that is what is needed.  So this week my first graders spent sometime exploring two of the books that we think may potentially win the 2015 Caldecott.  The first two are:

We are really excited because Loren Long lives in Cincinnati, OH.

We examined them with the following criteria and then students cast their vote on which they felt met the criteria the best.  


Excellence of Technique
Appropriateness of Technique
Importance of Illustrations
Appeal to children









No comments:

Post a Comment