Our second and third graders had a wonderful visit today with the great author of the Whatever After series...Mrs. Sarah Mlynowski. She is such a delightful person and the kids were so engaged with her presentation. We so appreciated Scholastic choosing Summit Elementary as one of the schools she would visit in Cincinnati.
Here were some of the Questions asked..
1.) What made you want to write fairy tales?
2.) Which character are you must like?
3.) What is your favorite part of being an author?
4.) Why did I choose the fairy tale genre?
5.) Are there any other characters based on your life?
6.) How many times do you revise?
7.) How long does it take you to write a book?
Some of the things we took away from our visit:
- You must be motivated to be an author because you have to work on your own...you are your own boss
- You can write where you want...bed, couch, desk
- You can write with your friends
- You get to travel around and speak to kids
- She speaks four different languages
- There will be at least 10 books in the Whatever After series