"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Thursday, December 17, 2015

5th graders are creating Digital Projects with CODING!

So we have been coding at Summit.  I have given my students, grades 4-6, three weeks of CODING experience.  We have used Code.org, Code Academy, Scratch, Tynker, and Light Bot to practice all the amazing skills that coding offers.  Including problem solving, critical thinking, reading, math practice, writing, analayzing data, and the list goes on and on.  One of my excellent 5th created a Google Doc, in which she shared with students and asked them to place some of the coding projects on it.  I love how she listed the DIGITAL EXPECTATIONS  at the start of the doc.  Here is what the doc looked like.





Here are examples of what students posted here:

Small Talk Kylie G.
Christmas Small Talk Audrey S.

No comments:

Post a Comment