"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week #3 of the Global Read Aloud in the Media Center.... It's Not Fair!

Last week we read It's Not Fair by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and my 2nd graders had a choice to reach out through Padlet or Twitter.  We are collaborating with another school through both these tools.  Here are my students responses to something that they feel isn't fair.


Before Tweeting we discuss the expectations of tweeting.  Students must use my Media Center account and I tell them they should not have their own Twitter account.  The expectations we discuss are as follows:

borrowed from @mrswideen

Students must use this form and then get their Tweet approved by me before being allowed to Tweet!




Here are some of the Tweets we sent out:  






@mrsgarnersclass It's not fair that my brother gets to stay up later.Maureen #GRAAmy

I am still "muddling" through guiding my classes to watch for Tweets in response to their Tweets. This is where I still need practice! The LEARNING IS MESSY!

Next week we will be moving on to our next GRA book, Exclamation Mark!  This book is so much fun to read out loud.  Hoping we can find someone in our time zone to Skype with to discuss this book.  


Our Global Read Aloud Adventure made the local newspaper.  Take a look.





No comments:

Post a Comment