"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Books to start the 2017-18 school year!

Books to Begin the School Year

Teachers, including me, spend the summer reading books that will begin great discussions between my students and me about beginning of the year topics. 
Disclaimer:  although I have read all these books I borrowed many of the comments below from an amazing blog I follow of Jennifer Reed.  She is also a librarian and does a great job summarizing these books.  "Why reinvent the wheel"...thanks Ms. Reed.  

Hopes and Dreams
These books are not only fabulous read alouds, they also provided an opportunity to think about and talk about what students looked forward to learning and doing in the school year.
6th grade...A Voyage in the Clouds

3rd grade....Uncorker of Ocean Bottles

Kindergarten...Little Tree

4-5th graders...Beekle

1-2nd graders...This is Sadie


Rules and Routines  
These books led to thinking about the rules that would guide our interactions with each other and routines that would help ensure a safe and productive learning space for all.
They All Saw a Cat

If You Plant a Seed

My Teacher is a Monster

Beekle

Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment