"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Finally..I'm Back and look at my new space!

     So I have been behind on sharing what is happening in the Media Center but my new schedule doesn't allow much time for blogging during the day and mommy duties take over in the evening.  So I am going to promise to do better and pray that I can follow through.  First, let me share a post about how AMAZING my new space is.  Yes, the last few years were challenging in here with boxes, concrete floors, water leaking from the ceiling but now it has paid off.  Even though my schedule is the toughest I have ever had, I am truly blessed that I get to work in such an amazing place each day.


Take a look:

 Students choose to work on their Project Based Learning Fall Festival project on the comfy couches...also known as our "Campfire" area.  

 Students are working on their projects at our movable tables.  We can easily flip these up if we need more floor space.

 Our cafe tables.


 On Fridays the art teacher and myself are opening up "Maker Fridays" in order to help students foster their passions.  We have already seen these classes once this week so this also allows us to keep some sanity in our lesson plans.  The students love Maker Friday!  This a snippet of what Maker Fridays look like currently with the primary grades but as soon as students become acquainted to the procedures we will open up more maker activities.  

  

 Our Engineering Center is now open in our new space!

No your not seeing double!  The couches provided a snugly spot for these twins to enjoy their books.   

 

Love thia picture!  This is why I love what I do.  I thought this picture captured the beauty of a child, in all her innocence, loving the world of books.  She was so unaware that I even existed.  She was completely engrossed in her book and book buddy.  It is times like this that I would love to lock the doors and keep these kiddos sheltered from a world that is not so innocent.  


 Our new carpet provides a wonderful spot to collaborate on a puzzle.


 











No comments:

Post a Comment