"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Monday, March 23, 2015

When I Grow Up- Why I love asking Preschooler and Kindergarten this question

Preschool and Kindergarten has been learning about what they want to be when they grow up. Don't you love when an adult asks a 4, 5, or 6 year old this and expects them to know the answer. Even though that may seem like a crazy thing to ask such a young child you will never again witness such an innocent response. I love asking this before the reality of "life" sets in as they get older. Before they realize how long they may have to go to college to achieve their goal, or how much money they would make at a specific career, or before someone "heaven forbids" tells them they can't be that because it is silly. We started our unit by reading When I Grow Up by Al Yankovic.
  We moved on to:  

Students will complete a drawing of their chosen career and then film their creations.  I can't wait to see them!

                                              Mrs. Julie's Preschool Class "When I Grow Up" video




Mrs. Kris's a.m. Preschool Class "When I Grow Up" video


Mrs. Kris's Preschool p.m. class "When I Grow Up" video


                           Mrs. James's afternoon KINDERGARTEN "When I Grow Up" video
Mrs. Geiger's Thursday KINDERGARTEN "When I Grow Up" video

Mrs. Geiger's Monday KINDERGARTEN "When I Grow Up" video





No comments:

Post a Comment