"A Swisstastic Journey of Me and My Students"

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas came early in the Media Center......the gift of Coding!

So my gift to my 1-6 graders this year is the gift of becoming coders.  They are becoming better students because of the skills they are learning through THE HOUR of CODE

This will definitely be a must in the future of my profession for the month of December.  Not only is it so motivating for the students that I am not scraping them off the ceiling as our winter break approaches but they are using so many skills as they learn how to code.  They are problem-solvers, critical thinkers, collaborators, creators, along with increasing math and reading skills.  I LOVE IT!  Here are some pics from the week.  Be sure to notice our wonderful fire in the background, which relaxed the students and let them enjoy their coding experience even more.  You can't enjoy it but there was also light Christmas music playing the background.  








Kindergarteners showing off some of the titles they 

are checking out.  






No comments:

Post a Comment